Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Too Many Swim Meets

For the past 2 weeks we have had a swim meet every week and we have 2 more in the next 2 weeks. It just too many. I don't understand why there is a swim meet every single week. It's pointless. I'm not gonna go any faster than I did the week before. There is no reason to have a swim meet every week. The only good thing that comes out of it is that we get to miss practice once a week. Normally swim meets are on a Wednesday and that is distance day. I hate distance. So that makes it a little bit better, but one every week is still way too many. One time we had 2 swim meets in one week. One was on Wednesday and the other was on Friday. Why? There is no reason to have them 2 days apart. There should be maybe 2 meets a month. Not 2 a week.

Image courtesy of The Epoch Times

One more problem with swim meets is that you get home a lot later than when you get home from practice. The worst are away meets. I get home really late, and then have to do homework and other stuff and it's really annoying. Even home meets. They take too long. Also they are right after school and I just don't feel like I can swim fast right after school. High school swimming will be over soon, and I'll go back to club swimming, where we only have 1 or 2 a month, which is a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment