Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Another Game

So last weekend we had 2 games against kearns. We hadn't practiced in over 2 months so no one expected to do very well, but it was more just for fun. The first game we played was the JV game. It went a lot better than I thought it would. There was some kid that played with us who was visiting Park City, and he helped out a lot. He was pretty good. I had a good game, especially for not playing the past 2 months. I scored 3 goals and one of them was the 2nd best goal I have ever scored. I swam down the middle of the pool and my defender was on my feet. There was also one to my left and one more behind the person chasing me. I got the ball, turned around doged the person behind me. Then the two other people came at me and I went right between them and shot it. It looked a lot more epic then it sounds. Trust me, you had to be there. In the end we won the game by one point. It was a really close game and really fun to play in.
Image courtesy of  water polo world
The second game didn't go as well. It was a varsity game and we were playing the team that one state 16-2. Some of their starters weren't there, but still. They are a really good team. The first quarter wasn't too bad, we were only down by 3. The second quarter however was a total slaughter. They just destroyed us. They were up by 6 at the end of the half. Our excuse was that we haven't played in 2 months, but it was a really bad quarter. The second half went better. We both scored 6 points in the second half, but I think it was more because they stopped trying than us actually playing better. They had some really big guys on that team. Some were definatly double my body wieght. It wasn't that good of a game, but it was just fun to be playing water polo agian. The seasons starts up agian in February and I am so excited for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment