Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Swim Meet

So Today, I am going to get a little off topic and talk about a swim meet I went to last weekend. It was a prelims/finals meet, which means that qualifying is in the morning and finals are at night. I swam the 100 free, 50 free, and 100 back. My morning sucked. I did really bad. My 100 free was really slow. I went a 57 when my best time was a 54. When I went to talk to my coach after the race, I said that it was really bad, and he said, "Yeah. I had to watch it". He said it was aweful and I knew it was. My 50 was a little better. He told me to go a 24. I went a 24 ... .97. I said to him, "Hey, It was a 24". The 100 back was also pretty bad. I went around my best time. The top 8 from each event go to finals at night. I qualified 7th in the 100 free, 3rd in the 50, and 8th in the 100 back. I was really close to not making it back. I told people, "Yeah I meant to do that. I just wanted to go fast enough to make it back", but actually I tried to go fast. I went home in between the sessions and I was just thinking to myself, "How I am gonna go fast at night". My dad kept telling me that I went really slow, and I said that I was gonna go a lot faster at finals.

Image courtesy of Summer Games
I showed up to finals that day really nervous, but also excited. Warm-up was a bit of a struggle, because the water was so hot. It was like a hot tub. I don't understand why they would pay so much money to keep it that hot. Honestly I would've like it to be really cold than really hot. I tried to keep my mind off how hot the pool was and on how I was going to swim. My first race that night was the 100 free. I went really slow in the morning and knew that I had to redeem myself that night. I was behined the blocks and was really nervous, but in my head all I was saying was, "Lets kick some ass" over and over again. It sounds really dumb, but it worked, because I dropped 5 secounds from the morning. I went a 52. I looked up at the scoreboard and then saw the time I went and I thought, "No way". I didn't think that I could go that fast, but apperently I did. I look over at my coach and there were a bunch of my teameates there and they looked as confused as I did. I was really happy with that. My next 2 races also went really well and it was very good meet for me.

1 comment: